To start working on Linux server require a valid credential and SSH client command tool. There are so many tools available for the different operating system but Putty is one of the popular tool and many other which is used to connect a client request to the VPS server. PuTTY is a free and open-source terminal which supports several network protocols, including SCP, SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw socket connection. To connect with a Linux Server using Secure Shell (SSH) in the Windows environment download PuTTY.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to login to a Linux Server from a Windows Machine using PuTTY. When you will open the Putty software it will ask to enter the login details to connect with the server.
- In the Host Name or IP address field enter the server address.
- If you login into the server first time then you will get a security alert regarding server fingerprint click Yes.
- When you will click on the yes it will ask to enter the server username. Enter the server login username and press enter button to move forward on the next step.
- At the next step, it will ask to enter the server password. Enter server root password and press enter button to successfully login into the server.
- After successful login into the server, this type of windows will display. Now use the Linux commands to manage the server.